We're inside, but the earth is coming alive with new growth and that energy of creative expansion is here for all of us. I'm excited by all of the new offerings I continue to work on from home. New fabrics, new natural dye colors and new styles. Here's what I'm aligning with during this slow springtime.
R E A D I N G
- Doughnut Economics - Lays out a new economic paradigm that honors the balance of people, planets & profit for all.
- Tender - Reads like a romance novel to seasonal vegetables. This is the one cookbook I'd keep if I had to choose. Recipes are centered around the elevation of a particular vegetables so it's easy to work with what you have.
W A T C H I N G
- The Inland Sea - A travelogue about personal discovery set in Japan's gentle & beautiful inland sea.
- Maiden - Two sailing movies, I know. But it's so good to be home on my sailboat I'm on a kick. Maiden chronicles the passage of the first all-women boat to enter and complete a grueling around-the-world race.
L I S T E N I N G
N O U R I S H M E N T
- I've began again my sourdough starter and am committed to mastering an heirloom grain, yeast free pizza crust. I love pizza and firmly practice pizza as not being that bad for for health when prepared correctly. I'll share when I've succeeded.
- Drinking lotus with Lilac Bloom Bai Mudon.
- Making a lot of kitchari subbing in fresh spices for all the dry ones. Serving with homemade Nimboo ka Achar. I've gotten really into homemade condiments while staying home.
- Growing wheatgrass at home to juice.