I don't know if this will be a regular feature, but there's so much great information being shared to elevate, educate and inspire at the moment, I want to amplify some of the best of it!
- Sally Fox, the farmer & classical plant breeder all of our naturally colorful cotton comes from, is busy growing cotton! You can watch it grow on her instagram. Here's a green cotton plant! We'd love to offer green one day but it costs about double due to the plant's lower yield. Yield is one of the many things Sally breeds for to make these plants a viable alternative to petroleum-based dyes.
- This five part podcast collab between Dominique Drakeford, founder of Melanin & Sustainable Style & Kestrel Jenkins, creator of Conscious Chatter exploring racism and how it pertains to slow fashion, is not to be missed. The earlier episodes explore the history of what we're living in today and the later episodes lay out a path forwards.
- Just discovered this small UK shop owner but love the founder's breakdown of white saviorism in sustainable fashion. Never heard of white saivorism? Listen all the way.
- Loved discovering, via Marielle's instagram, Fat Girls Hiking, a fat-positive comunitty focused on self-care in the outdoors.
- An interesting cover by Whitney Bauck on Fashionista comparing large clothing companies sustainability & circularity moves.
- GIVEAWAY! We've teamed up with Summer Solace Tallow, another SF Bay area maker and founder of the Slow Body Care Movement™, who makes the most luscious skin balms and luxe candles from tallow and other locally & carefully sourced ingredients. Summer Sollace is giving away a slow-burning, full sized Souchong Debut Tallow Candle and a Sea Change Tallow Soap. I am matching it with a $45 gift card to Danu that never expires. It's easy – enter here!
- This article – Meet the Women Decolonizing Sustainable Fashion – featuring the worthy Aja Barber, Aditi Mayer, Céline Semaan, Kalkidan Legesse, Brittany Sierra and more… highly recommend exploring & digging into an aspect of their work you need to learn more about.
- And, may I invite you into slightly off-subject beauty? Here's my pinterest inspiration board. A whole lot of beauty & nature.